What It Is:
Any website you visit has hundreds if not thousands of files. When you visit sites, your computer saves those files so that the next time you visit, the page will load faster. Websites are updated often and if you have old cookies or cache, you may not be seeing the newest version of the website if you are not also clearing your cache/cookies regularly.
Signs You May Need to Clear Your Cache/Cookies:
- Run time error
- Buttons missing on page
- Unable to save something from the internet
- Unable to input information into an online form
- The action performed doesn’t respond appropriately
- Videos do not play
How often should you clear your cache/Cookies?
There are two answers to this question:
- Only when you see one of the issues above (it’s there to make your computer run faster)
- About once a month (to make sure you get the latest versions of webpages and the files aren’t corrupt and slowing down your load time).
It’s really up to you and your philosophy!